CoolStance copra is a unique horse feed because it has low Non Structural Carbohydrate (NSC), and yet has a high digestible energy content. CoolStance is packed with ‘cool’ energy from coconut oil and fibre from coconut meal. CoolStance copra is suitable for most horses and can be fed to maintain a natural state of gut health and insulin sensitivity, i.e. normal insulin metabolism.
CoolStance copra is made from the white part of the coconut, which has been dried, baked and ground. It is a totally natural product and is chemical and GMO free.
- CoolStance copra has been fed as a quality product to horses for over 20 years
- Provides high-density ‘cool’ energy from oil and digestible fibre (15 MJ DE/kg DM).
- Contains <2% starch and may reduce the effect of hot or fizzy behaviour in horses
- Contains < 11% Non Structural Carbohydrates (NSC) making it a low GI feed
- Contains coconut oil, which is a saturated oil and is not prone to rancidity or oxidation
- Rich in Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) which are absorbed directly into the portal blood and provide readily digestible energy. MCT are unlike most other oils (soy, corn, flaxseed) which are polyunsaturated, and are slowly digested.
- MCT from coconut oil may have antimicrobial actions from the Lauric and Caprylic acid
- MCT are thought to maintain a healthy gut
- Provides a balanced supply of protein and energy
- Highly palatable, even for picky eaters
- May improve body, hoof and coat condition.
- Reduces hay requirement
- May avoid metabolic disorders (tying up, laminitis, colic, EMS)
PowerStance® is a unique powdered coconut oil supplement. PowerStance delivers the secret ingredient from CoolStance® as a powder. Since coconut oil can solidify below 24-25°C, PowerStance was developed to provide the essential benefits of coconut oil in a convenient powder form.
- Saturated oil. Coconut oil is saturated, i.e., it is not prone to rancidity.
- Coconut oil has useful nutritional and antimicrobial benefits.
- Increased muscle glycogen storage – Saturated fats such as those found in coconut oil are more effective at enhancing muscle glycogen storage than the unsaturated fats found in other vegetable oils (eg. canola, corn and soya oil).
- Anti-viral and anti-bacterial protection – possibly for gut health and well being from lauric and caprylic acid.
- Ready energy – coconut oil contains MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) which are easier to digest, absorb and convert to muscle energy than the long-chain fatty acids found in other vegetable oils. MCT’s are absorbed directly into the portal blood and transported to the liver, whereas polyunsaturated oils are transported via the lymphatics.
- Long shelf life – unlike other vegetable oils, coconut oil is highly saturated and therefore more resistant to rancidity.
- PowerStance is an odorless white powder making it easy to mix into feeds.
This unique golden powder blend combines all the natural benefits of turmeric, coconut oil, ground black pepper and Equitec Performance Products’ star ingredient Resveratrol, in a convenient and easy to use powdered supplement form.
TURMERIC [Curcuma longa]
Known as the vibrant golden ingredient used liberally in Indian curries, turmeric has a long history of use in both India and China. The inherent properties are attributed to the vivid yellow-orange pigments (curcuminoids) that are present in turmeric. They are believed to have powerful antioxidant properties (significantly more so than vitamin E or C). Turmericle contains a mixture of Curcumoids. For more information please refer to the Turmeric Users Group
POWERSTANCE [Coconut oil]
Stance Equine’s unique powdered coconut oil supplement for companion animals deliver’s the benefits of this wonderful tropical oil and may also help to increase the absorption of turmeric powder by the digestive system. The benefits of Coconut oil include its high levels of medium chain triglycerides (MCT) which provide the body with readily available non glucose energy source and Lauric Acid, which converts to monolaurin.
GROUND BLACK PEPPER
The inclusion of ground black pepper (GBP) to this mix increases the bio-availability and absorption rate of Turmeric and Resveratrol.
Resveratrol, a polyphenolic stilbenoid, is a natural product found in peanuts, cocoa powder and red grape skins and is better known as the health promoting component of red wine. Resveratrol has antioxidant properties.
1lb, 5lb 15lb
Horses. 1 scoop (25g) morning and night feed
Dogs: 1 teaspoon morning and night